Like many cooks, I’m a recipe clipper. But who has the time or inclination to try a tenth of even the very most tempting recipes?
So many call for special-trip ingredients, a dishwasherful of pots and pans and inordinate fuss.
Those are well and good when a cook’s in the mood but hardly meet the day-in, day-out challenge of putting supper on the table after work and before baths to say nothing of bed and a full night’s sleep.
So for the next while, Kitchen Parade is on particular look-out for weeknight supper recipes.
The goal is a collection of five-star Quick Suppers, ones that achieve all five easy (if not easily achieved) objectives.
We may slip in particularly good three- or four-star recipes if needed but with any luck, a Kitchen Parade five-star Quick Supper will be:
- Easy on ingredients, relying on what may already be on hand and what’s easy on the wallet
- Easy on prep time, leaving room to cook a vegetable and toss a salad
- Easy on total time, getting supper on the table A-SAP
- Easy on dishwashing
- Easy on the diet
So watch this space. If supper comes a little more easily, then life too, might feel a little bit easier.
SPICED YOGURT CHICKEN
Then marinate: 20 minutes
Then grill or pan-cook: 15 minutes
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt or Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice from a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- Zest and juice from a lemon
- Fresh cilantro (or parsley or chive), chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the chicken. Stir in the chicken, coating well. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Stir together sauce ingredients.
Grill or pan fry (no additional fat is necessary) chicken until just cooked through, about 10 - 12 minutes.
Serve hot with a green vegetable and a salad. Leftovers are good cold as is or sliced for sandwiches.
More Quick Supper Recipes for Chicken
Never miss a Kitchen Parade recipe: Sign up for an e-mail subscription.
© Copyright 2005 Kitchen Parade