If you use Google Reader to follow Kitchen Parade and/or A Veggie Venture and all your other favorite blogs, you already know that as of July 1, Google is pitching Google Reader into the dust heap. And if you’re like me, you’ve been procrastinating on a replacement, hoping against hope that Google would change its mind. Nope …
So here’s what to do. Me, I’m doing all three.
STICK WITH AN RSS READER Go to either Feedly or Bloglovin quick-quick -- that means, today. Either free service will import your blog RSS subscriptions from Google Reader with a couple of clicks, this will preserve your existing subscriptions, otherwise, g'bye, gone forever. I’m kinda keen on Feedly, myself.SWITCH TO EMAIL For the blogs we care about the most, email subscriptions are best. Click here to subscribe to Kitchen Parade, click here to subscribe to A Veggie Venture. If you already receive emails from Kitchen Parade and/or A Veggie Venture, you’re already set, no need to do a thing!
UPDATE YOUR FACEBOOK SETTINGS New settings will override Facebook's default settings which deliver only about “one out of ten” updates, the ones Facebook in all its wisdom thinks you want to see. FYI, these steps work for all Facebook pages, not just mine.
1) First, “Like” Kitchen Parade, just click here.
2) Then “hover” your cursor over the “like” button, you’ll see a dropdown box with a few options.
3) Make sure that “show in newsfeed” is checked.
4) Most important, check the Settings button, then select “all updates”.
5) Repeat the process for A Veggie Venture on Facebook, just click here.
That's it, look for new recipes later this week!
© Copyright 2013 Kitchen Parade